Thursday, July 23, 2009

Long Time No Blog...

it seems that getting my credential and becoming a real science teacher proved to be more time consuming than i thought. oh, that's right folks, i'm the real-deal now (and i have the job to prove it!)

i have been knitting since my last post (oh my, almost a year). i'll post a few things that i have photos of now. also, i'm currently in England on a fantastic trip with my wonderful mother! (more on that later)

here are some knitterly things:







specs:
pattern: ribbon lace scarf from knitty.com
yarn: malabrigo sock chocolate brown, one skein
needles: US 3
mods: none
verdict: my favorite scarf yet :)



specs:
pattern: just enough ruffles by cosmicpluto (pattern on ravelry for small $)
yarn: malabrigo silky merino (forgot the color) 2 skeins
needles: size 9 circs
mods: different yarn, but it gave the scarf a flowing texture that was awesome!
made for: my good friend katie, who lived in istanbul at the time
verdict: fabulous



this is just in the works, from vogue magazine a while back...i'll finish it someday...probably....maybe...


PATTERN UPDATE: butterfly beret
I've been making a few more butterfly berets so that i can tidy up my pattern notes (the decreases are very particular) and i'm hoping to have a (free!!!) pattern up on the blog soon (don't ask me what that means....gosh, a month maybe?) keep checking.

well, i'm about to go to bed in the town of Fowey in Cornwall, England. can i just say this place is GORGEOUS! wowee. pics of the trip to come!!!

8 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello Rachel, you just popped up in my reader and I have to admit I can't even remember how I found you before, probably via Ravelry? Nice knits :o) Anyway congratulations on your new job and enjoy your time in the UK.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Your lace ribbon looks so cute! Oh and don't even get me started on the whole teaching credential thing...I'll be in school for the rest of my life!

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous tiennie said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic news! Great projects and can't wait to see more pics of your travels!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Yay! Glad to hear you are doing well (and doing good - the world needs more/better science teachers) and on a fun sounding trip :) The knitting is wonderful, too :)

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Kara said...

Welcome back! And congrats on your credentials!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger pamela said...

Hi Rachel! Faina and were just wondering about you...I miss you. Cool scarf...hope you can stop by the knitting circle one of these days. Congrats on the credential/job.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Coco said...

Hi Rachel! I just checked your blog on a whim, and I'm happy you've posted again! Your scarf is gorgeous, btw. Oh and I still wear those hats you made me! Hope you're doing well.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Jenny Girl said...

Congrats on getting that credential! I know it must have been super tough.
That cable sweater is the one with the cables on the shoulder seams right? I was a lttle concerned about those shoulders, but so far your bodice looks great! Keep it up and hope you enjoyed merry ole' England:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home