Thursday, December 06, 2007

you know you're a knitter when...

you see a movie and all you remember is how many knits there were.

was the movie good? um. i don't know, but there was a really cute hat and a ton of knitted things that i stared at and tried to figure out which yarns they used and if i could replicate it.

this hat for instance:
(from the Golden Compass)

the hat the girl is wearing was so adorable that i want to knit one up right now. Of course, i know that i need to do all my Christmas knitting first but i really want to give that hat a try. it looks like it's just a stockinette rectangle that's seamed in the back and yarn is used to tie it down. (I saw a sneak peek of this movie last Sunday, and i much prefer pride and prejudice or even Narnia, but the knits were super fun)

5 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too funny, I think I would be doing the same thing!!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger tiennieknits said...

We do that too! In fact, I am knitting a sweater that my hubby wanted from the movie, The Fog!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger ruthie said...

check out lolita-blahnik.blogspot.com
she made one like Lyra's :-)
really really cute!!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I loved the movie, but I am a big fan of the books. I too was overwhelmed by all the cute knits. They could come out with a book. If you figure out that hat you should share the pattern. :)

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Jennanana said...

Aww geez, I do the same thing! I crochet and only wish I could perfect my knitting which I just get frustrated with. But every time I watch TV or a movie all I do is notice the knits and try to recreate it through crochet! Love your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home