Saturday, October 06, 2007

knitting for charity

the company i work for raises money every year to buy toys for the less fortunate children for Christmas.  this year i decided to knit a hat and sell it to someone at the office so that the proceeds would go to this charity.

here is the hat of my own design:


Yarn: Patons shetland chunky in teal
Needles: size 10 straights and dpns
pattern: my own
Button from Joann's fabrics

I knit the seed stitch portion flat with some increasing and decreasing to round out the flap. Then i bound off stitches and joined the hat in the round.  the area with the button flaps around until you pin it down with the button. i really like the way it looks.



if anyone expresses interest in the pattern i'd be happy to write one up. just let me know!

8 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger sophanne said...

that i a great hat. I'd take the pattern : )

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Robin said...

I'd like the pattern too, it's really cute!

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loves it!!!!!

I will pretend to be surprised about the socks...

Cya round, and good luck at school!

S@r@h

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loves it!!!!!

I will pretend to be surprised about the socks...

Cya round, and good luck at school!

S@r@h

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you will write up the pattern. It is soooo cute. I'd love to make one for my DD for Xmas. I would also knit a few to donate to charities that I belong to.
I will be watching for the pattern eagerly!

Janet G.

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love the pattern...In a group that gives most profit for charity.

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cuteness factor high! Where can I find your pattern?

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Can you pls share the pattern, tyvm!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home