Wednesday, July 11, 2007

a malabrigo diversion

i ordered some laceweight malabrigo in olive.

it's gorgeous. perfect green with more of a golden hue than a bluish one. definitely olive and not hunter. i always prefer olive over hunter.

it's malabrigo, you know. it's soft, airy, lofty and lush. i had to knit it up into something right away, so i started kniting the shetland triangle from wrap style.

this blob turned into this wet wool triangle.

which turned into a shawlette that i am not sure how to wear.

back on the front?

or back in the back?

wait, is there a back at all? i don't know. but i do know that this shetland triangle is pretty and soft and yummy and i love it. i knit it while watching lots of episodes of arrested development so it is also a happy shawl with a sense of humor.

the finished dimensions are smaller than those in the book, but it's still good. it's about three feet by 1.5 feet but it scrunches up nicely around my neck. soooooo soft. yum.

16 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Katyaflutes said...

gorgeous! i LOVE malabrigo but have only knit the regular stuff - for a luscious scarf - the laceweight looks as indulgent, yet lighter. think it's perfect to wear with a cocktail dress for a cooler wedding in the fall.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger pamela said...

I love how this turned out and you're wearing it perfectly.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Octopus Knits said...

It's lovely -- I like it both ways!

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Knittingknutty said...

As always it your work is so pretty.

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Lolly said...

Ohh, in the Malabrigo? I don't think it could get any prettier!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I have some Malabrigo in Olive, worsted. Agree - it's a wonderful color. My first fall project this year is going to be using it!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Kara said...

So darling. I love mini-shawls. I think it looks great both ways...but I think I like it drooping in the front the best. v. v. chic.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Nancy Duarte said...

I want one! It looks great on you. Your work is so very pretty and perfect.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

It looks so beautiful! Good job!

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful! Such pretty malabrigo!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Cloudberry said...

Beautiful - great work!

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I made this too! Isn't it wonderful! Your is beautiful.

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow...SO pretty. I don't think it matters how you wear it, just own it.

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WEAR IT SIDEWAYS!

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your noro bag is gorgeous!!
How many skein did you use?

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Happily Knit said...

I. Love. Arrested. Development.

Period.

I truly enjoy your blog also--I don't think you're not too much older than I am...it's refreshing to be closer in age to another knitter for a change! Oh, and check out the AD knitting button I made--feel free to take it for yourself too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home