Friday, February 09, 2007

oh my darlin' clementine

because i love stephanie japel's patterns, i have to do everything like her. including dpns in the hair, and the same poses.



clementine, er, my forecast is done! i wear her around the house to get adjusted to the tangy orange color and i think i'll be able to brave the public soon. it's definitely a great sweater.

here's the back (which is just SO cute with the cables/bobbles running down)


and i love kissy photos


i love those extra long sleeves. I should have made the body a little longer, but i had to break into a skein that was a different dye-lot for the second sleeve. i don't think you can tell though.

specs:
pattern: forecast by stephanie japel
needles: clover size 8 and 6 circs and dpns
yarn: cascade 220 in some orange (lost all the bands)
mods: extended ribbing on the arms and a little more on the waist, i knit the sleeves in the round and made a 3-stitch bobble instead of five.

i LOVE this sweater!

ok, one more photo

10 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, from what I can tell the buttons look nice, good choice. Glad you took your time with those and were careful to select appropriate buttons. It's a very nice design. I give it 2 thumbs up! Wear it proudly Cheekie!

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great color and great sweater! Love it!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Alice said...

What can I say?! It's totally gorgeous. I've been eyeing that Orange yarn. May be I'll have to use it for my third Forecast.

That cardi really looks good on you (or, you really look good in it!)

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Work that orange, be fearless with it! Also loving the little polka-dot tops with it. Very retro working-girl Barbie if you ask me.

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is fab...the orange is perfect. I love, love it.

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great looking sweater. I'm also becoming addicted to top down raglans and no seaming.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Elena said...

Your forecast is absolutely fantastic! And, the orange is so great.

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clementine is adorable! The color is just tangy enough I think. Amazing job!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Katyaflutes said...

i love clementine - this color is gorgeous - it's putting me over the edge on my decision to do Forecast. love it - and love all that knitting storage! does your yarn have it's own room? can't wait to see your CPH all done!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Bear Knits said...

Love it! Great job on Clementine! Now I want one, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home