Thursday, October 05, 2006

mail time

here's the mail it never fails it makes me wannna wag my tail; when it comes i wanna wail, MAIL!!!

enough of that blues clues crap (WHY do i know that song?) knitpicks brought happiness right to my door.



shine sport, in "butter." it's quite a lover-ly color. this will be another shibori experiment using eyelets with wool strung through them.



i bought the "sweet mary jane" pattern and alpaca cloud in "midnight" it's either going to be granny, or funky when it's done. let's hope for funky.

and this, my friends, is my favorite part...COLOR CARDS!!!



oh, how i love color cards. it's so nice to really see the colors and not just hope they are what your monitor tells you. fab.

also, i finished Kyle's sock the first and i'm working on Kyle's sock the second.



unfortunately, Kyle's sock the second will probably not be done in time and it's all Nessie's fault. you see, Nessie likes yarn too, so she thrashed my ball of yarn until it became this horrible knot...



she is so lucky she's cute.

oh, here's Bear in a shirt.



tootles.

6 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

berr is so nice. he didnt like that shirt much, but it makes him look so handsome. I still think he needs a turtleneck, maybe a hunting jacket, and a snowboarding jacket.

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where do you buy your color cards? I am especially interested in Cascade 220 color card

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger rachel iufer said...

those are knitpicks.com color cards, but their "wool of the andes" is very similar to cascade 220. plus it's two dollars cheaper for the same yardage. a steal.

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the information - no one sells cascade 220 color cards - that I can find. Will take a look at knitpicks yarn. szqny

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Alice said...

Thanks for your good wishes on my Forecast - the same to you, too! I hope we both work our size issues out! Actually I've just had to undo three rows of 180sts each, including a row of bobbles, as I noticed a hole next to a cable way down. Goodness knows what I did there! Still trying to sort it.

I really like that butter colour, by the way.

And your doggie must love you LOTS to let you get away with that!

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Great blog and nice work!
I was wondering what your experience was with Wool of the Andes versus Cascade 220, especially with pilling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home